The Alpha contains 98 levels in Smoothcade and 2 unlockable characters.
* art assets no yet finalized *
- Keyboard and Controllers are supported.
- Enter key to select
- Backspace key to go back
- Arrow keys to move
- Z key to attack
Alpha 1.25 JUL 16 Updates
- Support for Dinput Controllers
- Casual mode no longer has "timers" on each level. Players can take as long as they need to complete a level.
- On a game over, Fruit Meters are now set to 1/2 the current fruit count, opposed to being set back to 0.
- Bug fix relating to vibration/rumble controller support
- Increased Fruit Frenzy timespan from 7 seconds to 12 seconds
- Updated Spanish text for power-up item descriptions
- "Split time" now shown upon level completion, when speedrun timer is turned on.
- Power-up items and some enemy assets updated
- Increased hitbox sizes on a few enemies
Alpha 1.23 JUL 02 Updates
- Controller vibration bug fixed
- Improved party popper power up. Allows player more time to spit cloudies that turn into fruit.
- Text now appears above the player after collecting a power-up that displays the power-up effect.
- Adjustments made to enemy hit boxes and level layouts
Alpha 1.22 JUN 29 Updates
- Players now automatically bounce on clouds when landing on them, pressing down will pop them.
- Score values now appear under level clear stars to show points needed to earn each star
- Vibration/Rumble supported when using a gamepad controller
- Fixed bug where screen transition did not close all the way
- Updated hitboxes on first two mini-bosses to be more generous to the player
- Tutorial Signs in early levels now have white text in keyboard more to stand out more to the player.
Alpha 1.21 JUN 03 Updates
- Added sound effects to enemies and conditions
- Modified number of enemies on certain levels
- Update Intense mode time limits per level
- Achievement stacking glitch fixed
- General bug fixing/stability fixes
Alpha 1.20 MAY 25 Updates
- Auto-Attack ability now available in Options
- Players can now skip the opening cutscene
- Update to Show Crown option: Crown icon now shows correctly above each character
- Smoothcade's save files are now more secure/encrypted.
- Hitbox updates made to Bee enemy
- Several bug fixes on local multiplayer character select screen
- Fixed a bug where a Boss was showing incorrect hearts remaining
- Several bug fixes made to Replay mode and ability to access previously-beaten levels.
- Processing improvements made to allow a more stable FPS during gameplay
Alpha 1.10 APR 21 Updates
- Added new background artwork on snow, mountain, fire, and circus levels
- Variety of bug fixes relating to fruit placement, enemy movement, and tutorial screens.
- Adjustments made to local multiplayer character select screen.
Alpha 1.09 MAR 24 Updates
- Added new effects when capturing and popping a critter to improve game feel.
Alpha 1.08 MAR 22 Updates
- Added ability to replay past levels while on Records screen.
- Added fix to bosses and score values
Alpha 1.07 MAR 15 Updates
- Added Difficulty settings to Story Mode. Intense mode is unlockable after completing Story Mode.
- Localization system added.
- Added Character Skills.
- Overhauled Karma System. Every 7 enemy captures gives the player a point. 3 points = special power-up
- Display difficulty on Character Selection Screen
- Added Online High Score Leaderboards for each Difficulty setting
- Updated Option screen layout.
- Added Option to Dim Background
- Added Option to hide HUD/Score
- Added Option to remove Character Skills
- Added Option to hide Background particle effects
- "Controls" screen text size and border more consistent with the rest of the game.
- Added "How to Play" tutorial screens to Level 01 on only "Casual" difficulty.
- Added visual effect to player when changing Cloudie Karma status
- "How to Play" screen text size and border more consistent with the rest of the game.
- Karma instruction screen shows power-up items that is not yet available in Smoothcade.
Alpha 1.06 FEB 11 Updates
- Updated controller connection logic
- Fixed boss health glitch on level 10 and level 40
- Level layout updates: level 7, 22
- "Death ring" effect added to player 2, 3, 4
- Fruit Meter activation will now always appear at the start of a level if your fruit meter is full
- Added visual effect when player changes karma
- Added visual effect when player's fruit meter is full
- Added visual effect when a player gains or donates a life
- Fixed Fruit Frenzy sparkle effect for Player 3 and Player 4 on HUD
- All players get +1 lives when anyone activates a fruit frenzy
- Bonus items no longer spawn inside walls/blocks
- Fixed wall glitch with Bat enemy
- Level Goal symbol flashes at the start of the level to help show the player the level's clear condition
Alpha 1.05 JAN 29 Updates
- Levels 34-39 Added to Demo. Filler art on levels 34-39.
- Every level now has a speedrun challenge timer. Clear the level quickly to earn a Rollerskate icon (appears with the Stars after cleaing a level).
- Decreased hurtbox size on Pinehedge, Raccoon, Pumpkin, and Bat enemy.
- Controller Connected text changed to white font with black border to improve readability
- Shadow layer fixed on level 03
- Screen Transition update - Should now cover entire screen
- "Press Start to begin" text updated.
- Added Lambert to main menu
- Spike balls now destroy each other when colliding among each other
- Fixed choppiness in intro scene transition
- Fixed bug where player 2 could not donate lives to player 1
- End of Demo screen brings you back to the Main Menu after selecting "Continue"
Alpha 1.04 JAN 22 Updates
- "How to Play" screens added to the Options menu and Pause menu.
- Players can donate lives in local multiplayer by pressing L or R shoulder buttons.
- Player life donation hint appears when a player loses all of their lives in multiplayer.
- Game now plays in Windowed mode. Window can be moved around and made full screened on PC
- Fruit from enemies no longer appear randomly on the screen. It will fall within a 500 pixel radius from the player
- Minor updates to levels: change in enemy numbers, updated platform locations, update in Star ratings
- Spike ball collision update. Spike balls are naturally destroyed 1 second earlier
Alpha 1.03 JAN 19 Updates
- 3 to 4 players now functional
- Button input pop-up now appears during the player's first fruit frenzy to provide guidance.
- Fixed visual bug on character selection screen transition
- Your online rank placement is now shown after submitting a score online
- Minor updates on levels
- Levels 31-34 added to demo. Level 30 removed.