The Beta contains all levels and modes in Smoothcade.
- Keyboard and Controllers are supported.
- Enter key to select
- Backspace key to go back
- Arrow keys to move
- Z key to attack
Beta 2.0 -- APR 24 Updates
- New outline system for players and objects/enemies implemented
- Endless mode now saves score from pause menu
- L/R to arrow keys when no controller is connected on highscore menu
- Adjustments made to level 18, 35
- Fixed bug where vikcado enemy froze game when using Dice power-up
- Fixed boss 1 tears bug
- Fixed bug that caused lag on avalanche and lava levels
- Fixed bug where frenzy icon disappears after dying
- Fixed bug on level 99 where enemy spawns were not progressing properly.
- Fixed additional miscellaneous bugs
Beta 1.99 -- MAR 24 Updates
- Updated Achievement icon visuals
- Updated criteria for certain Achievements
- "Cant Touch This" Achievement can now be unlocked in Speedrun mode.
- Bonus Fruit on levels now spawn more quickly in multiplayer mode as more players are playing.
- Fixed bug where confetti appeared for players that had 0 lives.
- Fixed bug where Fruit Frenzy twinkle did not appear when more than one player has a Fruit Frenzy ready.
- Fixed bug where Fruit Frenzy help indicator still remained in multiplayer mode if a player loses all lives.
- Fixed bug where player 2/3/4 controller would constantly vibrate when they lose all lives
- Fixed bug where Combo score/timer was not calculating correctly.
Beta 1.90 -- MAR 21 Updates
- Adjustments made to story mode levels
- "Hurry Up" notice in intense mode is removed when level is cleared
- Submitting your score online now shows "Weekly" rank instead of "all time" rank
- Fixed bugs relating to Banana Bird bonus
- Fixed bug where getting a Game Over in intense mode allowed the player to continue on the same level if they exited/turned off the game
- Fixed bug where shadows were not appearing on certain levels
- Fixed bug where fruit frenzy helper icon still appeared when player entered a door
- Fixed bug where getting an achievement during Replay mode caused an error
Beta 1.82 -- MAR 15 Updates
- Star count is now tracked/saved in Speedrun Mode
- Added movements effects to enemies
- Players can no longer activate a Fruit Frenzy when they Clear a level
- Bonus fruits are now more squishy
- Localized the "Hit -1" text
- Item powerup HUD now becomes transparent if the player is hovering the pop-up
- add l/r controller input to navigate Replay menu
- add l/r controller input to navigate tips & tricks menu
- Improved texture page loading
- Improved 'randomizer' in Battle mode and Endless Mode
- Updated playable character assets
- Minor visual updates to levels
- Minor Menu bugs fixes
- Fixed bug where mercy / mayhem text displayed if HUD was on
- Fixed bug where particle effects appeared on HUD when HUD option is turned off
- Fixed bug where skipping a level via jetpack did not unlock it in replay mode
- Fixed bug where playing replay mode may advance level in Story mode
- Fixed bug where level countdown shows on transition screen when exiting Story mode at the start of a level
Beta 1.64 -- MAR 01 Updates
- Battle mode now appropriately shows winner crowns in the case of ties
- Increased size of cloudies and captured cloudies
- Replay mode now goes back to selected level after completing it (opposed to going to World 1 Level 1)
- Fix bug where cloudies pass through player if player is standing still and a cloudie comes in contact upwards
- Adjusted particle effect layers
Beta 1.59 -- FEB 26 Updates
- Highscore menu now allows for L/R bumpers for navigation
- Players can 'go back' from any menu screen by pressing 'B' on a controller
- "Play" header flickered one frame before moving to the correct position. This is fixed.
- Main Menu characters no longer disappear when popup menus are selected
- Menu dimming is consistent on all navigation screens
- SKIP text in opening cutscene now fades in and then fades out
- Fixed bug where the Controls menu flickered keyboard controls for one frame when using a controller
- Fixed bug where the 'How to Play' screen navigation dots shifted
- Main Menu music now fades in and out to provide better looping
- Transition screen on a Game Over now shows a black background instead of showing the current level.
- Fixed bug where achievement boxes remained visible during a level transition.
- Fixed bug where achievement text overlapped when multiple achievement boxes are present on screen.
- Achievement boxes now becomes transparent if player is over it.
- Fixed bug where player shadow was missing at the start of a new level
- Fixed bug where mercy point did not become transparent when player touches the HUD
- Fixed bug where clouds would float through solid blocks
- Fixed bug that pushes player outside of platforms when standing colliding with two platforms at the same time
- Fixed bug where the fruit meter for Player 1 was one pixel short on the left
- Fixed bug where the 'Combo' text flickers when getting back-to-back combos
- Fixed bug where the snail enemy flickers on frame after diagonally jumping
- Fixed bug where getting two power-up items at the same time overlapped the HUD
- Party Popper Bonus Item Adjustments: Cloudie-to-fruit powerup time now lasts longer
- Removed 'helper text' in replay mode
- Flipping a switch that activates/deactivates spike now shows a pop effect over the affected spikes
- Level 01 background darkened
- Fixed bug where mayhem cloudie did not break round blocks on level 4
- Fixed bug on level 9 where players can fall through the bottom-left platform
- Fixed bug where level 10 boss spawns over power-up items
- Adjustments made to level 14 so the player can no longer get stuck if they trap themselves within blocks
Beta 1.30 -- FEB 21 Updates
- Added Battle Mode - A fast-paced multiplayer mode. Collect more fruit than your opponent to win!
- Added three "100%" icons to the main menu when the player clears certain objectives
- Adjusted World Banner length to accommodate Spanish text length
- Added sound effects to menu selections/going back
- Fixed bug where enemy would get stuck in wall when jumping diagonally
- Fixed bug where breaking a barrel would cause a lag in gameplay
- Fixed bug where player could get stuck in certain blocks
- Fixed bug where World Banners did not appear correctly in Speedrun and Replay mode.
- Bug fixes and adjustments made to Endless Mode
Beta 1.21 FEB 03 Updates
- Visual update to player HUD
- Fixed various bugs in Endless mode
Beta 1.20 JAN 29 Updates
- Added New Game Mode: Endless Mode
- Added banners at the start of every new World and Boss battle
- Added Karma bonus indicators to show the karma of cleared enemies
- Added descriptions to various items in Options menu
- Adjustments made to level 24, 37, 44
- Fixed bug where cloudie sometimes breaks before player bounces on it five times
- Achievement popups last longer
- Added additional 'back' keyboard key for menu navigation
- Updated main menu screen
Beta 1.15 JAN 03 Updates
- Increased font size when lives are greater than four
- Particle system adjustments
- Adjustments made to level 39, 80, 87, 88, 97
- Bug fix relating to karma points and fruit meter notification
- Various bug fixes on levels and enemies
Beta 1.14 DEC 27 Updates
Player Experience Improvements:
- Added additional tutorial signs/helper text in early levels of Story mode
- Visual update to level transition effect
- Fixed tutorial text bug when playing the game in Spanish
- Various bug fixes and game stability
Beta 1.10 NOV 12 Updates
Player Experience Improvements:
- Karma Bonus Gauge no longer clears upon a game over
- Visual indicators now appear under the Karma Bonus gauge after every 7 enemy clears. Also indicates when a bonus item will appear on the next level.
- Fruit Frenzy meters decreases by half on game over, opposed to going to zero
- Fruit Frenzy sound effect and visual indicators now present above the player when a Fruit Frenzy is ready
- Players cannot lose a life once a level is cleared
- Players can jump more times on a cloudie before it pops
- Visual text to indicate level clear condition at the start of each level
Game Polish & Improvements:
- Players and enemies cannot move during level transitions
- Sound effects no longer play during level transitions
- Menu and pause selection screens are now more responsive to controller inputs
- Audio issue fixed with the "level clear" sound effect. This sound effect was playing even when the sound effect loudness it set to 0%
Adjustments to Story Mode:
- Adjustments made to level 23, 25, 26, 39, 56, 74, 85
- Adjustment made to level 90 boss. Decreased phase two HP by two.
Beta 1.0 AUG 20 Updates
- Added Speedrun mode.
- Added Boss Rush mode (unlocked via clearing Speedrun Mode).
- Added Replay mode.
- Added 4 new playable characters.
- Re-arranged main menu options.
- HUD turns transparent if a player ever reaches the top portion of the screen
- Added a visual arrow to point to the level objective during level countdown
- Fixed glitch where pause menu would still open after pressing the Esc key from the 'Tips & Tricks' screen
- General bug fixes.
Alpha 1.25 JUL 29 Updates
- Earning a x5 combo (or greater) spawns a one-up heart.
- Asset updates
Alpha 1.24 JUL 16 Updates
- Support for Dinput Controllers
- Casual mode no longer has "timers" on each level. Players can take as long as they need to complete a level.
- On a game over, Fruit Meters are now set to 1/2 the current fruit count, opposed to being set back to 0.
- Bug fix relating to vibration/rumble controller support
- Increased Fruit Frenzy timespan from 7 seconds to 12 seconds
- Updated Spanish text for power-up item descriptions
- "Split time" now shown upon level completion, when speedrun timer is turned on.
- Power-up items and some enemy assets updated
- Increased hitbox sizes on a few enemies
Alpha 1.23 JUL 02 Updates
- Controller vibration bug fixed
- Improved party popper power up. Allows player more time to spit cloudies that turn into fruit.
- Text now appears above the player after collecting a power-up that displays the power-up effect.
- Adjustments made to enemy hit boxes and level layouts
Alpha 1.22 JUN 29 Updates
- Players now automatically bounce on clouds when landing on them, pressing down will pop them.
- Score values now appear under level clear stars to show points needed to earn each star
- Vibration/Rumble supported when using a gamepad controller
- Fixed bug where screen transition did not close all the way
- Updated hitboxes on first two mini-bosses to be more generous to the player
- Tutorial Signs in early levels now have white text in keyboard more to stand out more to the player.
Alpha 1.21 JUN 03 Updates
- Added sound effects to enemies and conditions
- Modified number of enemies on certain levels
- Update Intense mode time limits per level
- Achievement stacking glitch fixed
- General bug fixing/stability fixes
Alpha 1.20 MAY 25 Updates
- Auto-Attack ability now available in Options
- Players can now skip the opening cutscene
- Update to Show Crown option: Crown icon now shows correctly above each character
- Smoothcade's save files are now more secure/encrypted.
- Hitbox updates made to Bee enemy
- Several bug fixes on local multiplayer character select screen
- Fixed a bug where a Boss was showing incorrect hearts remaining
- Several bug fixes made to Replay mode and ability to access previously-beaten levels.
- Processing improvements made to allow a more stable FPS during gameplay
Alpha 1.10 APR 21 Updates
- Added new background artwork on snow, mountain, fire, and circus levels
- Variety of bug fixes relating to fruit placement, enemy movement, and tutorial screens.
- Adjustments made to local multiplayer character select screen.
Alpha 1.09 MAR 24 Updates
- Added new effects when capturing and popping a critter to improve game feel.
Alpha 1.08 MAR 22 Updates
- Added ability to replay past levels while on Records screen.
- Added fix to bosses and score values
Alpha 1.07 MAR 15 Updates
- Added Difficulty settings to Story Mode. Intense mode is unlockable after completing Story Mode.
- Localization system added.
- Added Character Skills.
- Overhauled Karma System. Every 7 enemy captures gives the player a point. 3 points = special power-up
- Display difficulty on Character Selection Screen
- Added Online High Score Leaderboards for each Difficulty setting
- Updated Option screen layout.
- Added Option to Dim Background
- Added Option to hide HUD/Score
- Added Option to remove Character Skills
- Added Option to hide Background particle effects
- "Controls" screen text size and border more consistent with the rest of the game.
- Added "How to Play" tutorial screens to Level 01 on only "Casual" difficulty.
- Added visual effect to player when changing Cloudie Karma status
- "How to Play" screen text size and border more consistent with the rest of the game.
- Karma instruction screen shows power-up items that is not yet available in Smoothcade.
Alpha 1.06 FEB 11 Updates
- Updated controller connection logic
- Fixed boss health glitch on level 10 and level 40
- Level layout updates: level 7, 22
- "Death ring" effect added to player 2, 3, 4
- Fruit Meter activation will now always appear at the start of a level if your fruit meter is full
- Added visual effect when player changes karma
- Added visual effect when player's fruit meter is full
- Added visual effect when a player gains or donates a life
- Fixed Fruit Frenzy sparkle effect for Player 3 and Player 4 on HUD
- All players get +1 lives when anyone activates a fruit frenzy
- Bonus items no longer spawn inside walls/blocks
- Fixed wall glitch with Bat enemy
- Level Goal symbol flashes at the start of the level to help show the player the level's clear condition
Alpha 1.05 JAN 29 Updates
- Levels 34-39 Added to Demo. Filler art on levels 34-39.
- Every level now has a speedrun challenge timer. Clear the level quickly to earn a Rollerskate icon (appears with the Stars after cleaing a level).
- Decreased hurtbox size on Pinehedge, Raccoon, Pumpkin, and Bat enemy.
- Controller Connected text changed to white font with black border to improve readability
- Shadow layer fixed on level 03
- Screen Transition update - Should now cover entire screen
- "Press Start to begin" text updated.
- Added Lambert to main menu
- Spike balls now destroy each other when colliding among each other
- Fixed choppiness in intro scene transition
- Fixed bug where player 2 could not donate lives to player 1
- End of Demo screen brings you back to the Main Menu after selecting "Continue"
Alpha 1.04 JAN 22 Updates
- "How to Play" screens added to the Options menu and Pause menu.
- Players can donate lives in local multiplayer by pressing L or R shoulder buttons.
- Player life donation hint appears when a player loses all of their lives in multiplayer.
- Game now plays in Windowed mode. Window can be moved around and made full screened on PC
- Fruit from enemies no longer appear randomly on the screen. It will fall within a 500 pixel radius from the player
- Minor updates to levels: change in enemy numbers, updated platform locations, update in Star ratings
- Spike ball collision update. Spike balls are naturally destroyed 1 second earlier
Alpha 1.03 JAN 19 Updates
- 3 to 4 players now functional
- Button input pop-up now appears during the player's first fruit frenzy to provide guidance.
- Fixed visual bug on character selection screen transition
- Your online rank placement is now shown after submitting a score online
- Minor updates on levels
- Levels 31-34 added to demo. Level 30 removed.